Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: How do you all take it?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good point Tashunka, I seriously havn't done anything since Summer. I mean shoot, edit or direct anything. But thanks to this list, movie making is still a part of my (everyday) life. Without it, I probably would have lost interest as well. This list gives me ideas, help and most important of all.. inspiration. I only have 2 freinds who are interested in film-making. But I can do it with only one of those friends because the other lives far away, so I can't really go to see him too often. I don't really even have too many artistic people in my life. I can only think of about 5. But in my opinion, all you need is one. One other person. And me and my friend have a kind of team together. So you see? You don't need a bunch of people to become a director. But yes, it's good to have atleast one.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MatJimMood's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bully, bribe or guilt trip your friends into being in your film.

    You'll find that as soon as you've made one film you won't be able to move without someone asking to be in your next.

    Get the ball rolling and it will become a lot easier

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, this thread has gotton more relpies than I had expected. Thanks tashunka, your words have inspired me. I just need to stay focused and channel my energy. Forge ahead and all that!


    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

  4. #14
    Inactive Member shirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2000
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My solution is going to school for broadcasting... everyone has a sense of humour and a love for film... yah for me... You are in Michigan?
    I go to school just outside of Niagara Falls, Canada. (I don't like near here though in the summer.)

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Brewski--I used to live in the Detroit area. There are a lot of people like you out there. Detroit has a wonderful community of moviemakers that are very serious about what they do. There is also a lot of poeple trying to make their movies in Ann Arbor. I would try to get there and have a look around--also join the Detroit Film Co-op. They have equipment that you can use at low rates. I have been thinking about moving back to Detroit actually--much of my next film will be shot there so I don't know if it will be a temp move or if I will stay for a while. Good Luck--email me if you want.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member LAmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2000
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I live in LA, and I really like it because a lot of people I'm around every day are very artistic. Not only in film but in music, and painting and collages and what not. I have one friend that's as serious about becoming a film maker as me, and then I have another friend who kinda wants to work with me, he sounds senciere enough. Then I have other friends who are into films as a recreational hobby, and those friends are reall artistic in other areas. So I'm happy here. These people bring out the director in me sometimes. But usually I do it myself.

    -Ivan

    ------------------
    "A place for everything and everything in it's place".

  7. #17
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    I have to agree with the above post. Do anything you can, beg bully bribe anyone to be involved, and stick with it to the end of shooting. Whatever arse licking it takes. Then cut it together. Sudenly the ball is rolling and people will be ASKING you to let them be in your next. I promise. That first step is the hardest, and galling, and can be deeply humiliating (depends how desperate you are!), but then you'll have proved that you arent just words, and people will take you more seriously.
    Good luck

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ill second what eddie is saying, pain in the arse to find crew first time round but if you persue it becomes a lot easier, this weekend have just taken on another 9 crew and my e-mail and my asst producers e-mail is filling up all the time with people wanting ot get involved

    the more you slug it out in the begining the more easier it becomes later on


    Chance



    ------------------
    5YLAC Films

    www.itkoa.co.uk

    http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...ghts/index.htm

    download the deadlights trailer at

    <http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...s/images/deadl
    ights_trailer1.rm>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member marti-c's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2000
    Posts
    298
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok so i know it's boring but have you thought of just doing some community video stuff. There must be some sort of issues you could make short programmes about. Send them off to a local station and see what they think.

    Dont look at being out in the wilderness as a pitfall. Just think how unique you are. You show somebody what you can do and they will be impressed because there will be absolutely no competition. So when you go for a job and show aptitude, you will sail by. Believe me when you live in a built up area everybody and their granny wants to shoot stuff! In my college there are approx 300 applications for my course and only 20 get in.

    marti

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Brewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks everone for helping me pull myself up by the boot straps. You guys are the best, when I started this thread I was ready to just give up. But everyone you has responded has givin me at least one reasson ( if not more) to stick it out.
    Thanks again, I know realize the error of my ways!
    Brewski

    ------------------
    I`LL SLEEP WHEN I`M DEAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •